Hawthorne Strategy Group is growing and adding a Senior Account Executive to its team. We are looking for someone who will bring energy, enthusiasm, and a commitment to delivering outstanding results to our clients and fellow team members.
- Creates clear, accurate and compelling news copy
- Understands how social media and traditional media work together
- Responsible for the successful development, execution and delivery of PR campaigns
- Demonstrates creativity and resourcefulness in identifying media to pitch, and in creating effective client stories
- Brings good ideas for maximizing opportunities on social media
- Develops a solid and comprehensive understanding of our firm’s strategy
- Competently leads smaller projects with little supervision
- Develops strong relationships with clients to ensure a positive experience with the firm
- Develops inventive, effective social media initiatives for clients
- 3-5 years of PR experience, agency experience preferred
- Self-starter who accepts ownership of projects
- Excellent project management and oral communication skills
- Excellent news writing, editing and proofreading abilities
- Strong track record of media pitching and placement
- Demonstrated ability to write copy (pitches, news releases, social posts)
- Experience using Cision, Meltwater, or similar monitoring and media database tools preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
Hawthorne Strategy Group specializes in strategic communications, issues management, public policy, and community and media relations. Our process is focused on achieving measurable results, bringing big-picture strategies coupled with focused tactics, Hawthorne provides the experience of a big public relations firm with the tailored attention of a small agency. Hawthorne offers a flexible working environment, competitive salary, a full benefit package including profit-sharing, 401(k), medical, dental, and vision coverage, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability. Hawthorne offers a robust professional development program, including partial student loan repayment. Hawthorne is committed to equity and inclusion.
Please submit resume, writing samples, and cover letter to Cynthia McCafferty, Cynthia@hawthornestrategy.com.