Hawthorne Strategy Group is looking for new public relations leaders to join our team.
Hawthorne Strategy Group is growing and looking for people who will bring energy, enthusiasm, and a commitment to delivering outstanding results to our clients and fellow team members.
We are interested in meeting candidates with a variety of experience and backgrounds:
- Young professionals ready to bring their skillset to a company invested in their professional development.
- College graduates looking for more than an internship and a path to a career in public relations.
Traits we admire in our team members:
- Passion for client service and commitment to delivering results.
- Eager to uncover and tell good stories using strong writing skills.
- Responsible, dependable, and willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Enthusiasm for tackling challenges and the work ethic to complete the task.
- Energized by a collaborative work environment.
- Motivated to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and work against deadlines.
- Invested in continuing to develop skills that better serve our clients.
Hawthorne takes pride in our team. We’ve built a group of professionals with an array of talents and backgrounds that benefit our clients in unique ways.
Hawthorne specializes in strategic communications, issues management, public affairs, corporate social responsibility, and media relations. Our process is focused on achieving measurable results. Offering big-picture strategies coupled with focused tactics, Hawthorne provides the experience of a big public relations firm with the tailored attention of a small agency.
What does Hawthorne offer employees?
Hawthorne offers a work environment that challenges professionals and provides them with hands-on experience with clients early in their career with the support of colleagues and guidance of experienced communications leaders.
A Supportive Environment
As a small PR agency, every member of our team is intimately involved with the growth and development of Hawthorne. We value the thoughts and opinions of all team members and encourage their engagement in all aspects of the business from hiring, to new business, to day-to-day client support.
We invest in our employees’ personal growth by offering each team member $2,000 per year in professional development funds to help them stay on the cutting edge of our industry. This money can be used to:
– Attend industry luncheons, relevant networking events, and continuing education courses that help develop the skills they need to serve our clients.
– Purchase technology or software that may enhance their work or skill set.
– Make student loan payments up to $1,000 annually.
A Well-Rounded Work Experience
Hawthorne’s diverse client base provides communications professionals the opportunity to develop their expertise in a number of key industries, including healthcare, non-profit, financial services, and economic development. Our business model purposely does not utilize practice groups to ensure our team members gain exposure to different types of clients and projects.
We invest in our team by providing top-notch benefits, including:
– An automatic contribution of 3 percent to each employee’s 401(k) with the possibility of annual profit sharing based on company success.
– 100 percent coverage of life insurance and short- and long-term disability plans.
– Choice of six health plans with two options paid at 100 percent for employee and family. 90 percent coverage of all vision and dental plans.
– A minimum of two-weeks paid vacation in addition to sick and personal time and paid holidays each year.
– An employee assistance program.
We strive to incorporate our values in all that we do. Keeping client relationships and work environment at top of mind, the following commitments serve as the backbone of Hawthorne’s mission:
Be reliable, dependable, respectable.
Strive to achieve the best possible outcome.
Always push yourself
Learn new things, take on new challenges. Never stop growing.
Strive to be a leader in our communities.
Be known for provocative ideas and thoughtful discussion.
Foster an open, collaborative environment.
Learn from each other and be approachable. Share expertise and accept feedback.
Be known for smart, dynamic solutions.
It’s not who you know, but what you deliver.
Appreciate and recognize that success is shared.
It comes from our clients and teammates.
Take the Initiative.
Don’t wait for the client or your team to ask. Do what you can. Raise your hand.
Be representative of society.
Our team, our work, our outcomes. Embrace diverse perspectives.
Seek balance in all that we do.
Own your responsibilities.
Don’t leave clients or colleagues wondering. Anticipating what comes next.
Always deliver smart, thoughtful solutions.
Focus first on the client’s needs. Be the problem solver.
Value your colleagues as friends.
Be realistic about expectations. Adapt to change.
Pursue diverse, challenging and meaningful work.
Have a singular focus on delivering results for our clients.